Monday, August 15, 2005

Disconcerting

I got some disconcerting news this weekend. Well its disconcerting to me anyway. A friend of mine, Brandon, got married to this girl, Lisa. That should be good news but if you knew Lisa you would understand why I find it so Uh! Brandon is probably one of the sweetest guys I know. I don't get to see him often but when I do its always a good conversation. I used to go see him play with his band when they were still together. They were good too. I miss going to see them play but bands break up especially when siblings are involved. Anyway I was talking to an old co-worker of mine and she told me the news. My stomach dropped and my jaw hit the floor. I used to be friends with Lisa until she started talking behind my back. I still don't know what I did to her to make her do that but I'm not the first person that she did that to. So needless to say we don't get along but since I don't have to see her or anything, she's never in my mind. Kim, my co-worker, said that they were dating 2 weeks before they decided to get married and it was another 2 weeks after when they did. They are an odd couple if I ever saw one.

This definitely explains why Brandon never called me. I told him the last time I saw him that Lisa hated me, which she does and I told him that we didn't get along. He was supposed to call so that they could hang out with us before Frankie left for Iraq. (He was supposed to go a couple of months ago) Shortly after that conversation was when he hooked up with her. It's just one of those things I'll never understand. I can only hope for Brandon's sake that things work out. I would hate to see him get hurt by her, knowing Lisa like I do though odds are best he will. I probably won't see him again. I only ran into him once every couple of months anyway so there you go.

Other than that piece of news, there isn't anything else going on. Ali never came up so and she leaves tomorrow for PA so I don't know when we're going to see her. I'm supposed to go visit her before the end of the summer, which is rapidly approaching, but I don't know when I'll get the chance. I'll give her a call later today before she leaves.

I haven't heard from Frankie in a while which really isn't surprising. He doesn't call unless something happens. I just got off the phone with Jenn and we're supposed to hang out on Friday. I don't know about that but we'll see. It depends on how the week goes. Maggie invited me over on Friday but since I had to go buy my books early Saturday morning, I decided not to go. Lucky for me I didn't because apparently everyone got drunk. I can't deal with a whole house full of drunk people, I can't tolerate it like I used to. So it was better for everyone that I wasn't there. If I would have gone, I would've stayed for a little while and then I would have made my way home.

"Sin City" comes out tomorrow. I think I'll buy it since I've heard good things about it. I think that the only good thing thats coming out this week. I'll have to check on it.

Still can't believe that Brandon is married.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

lol of course I have no idea what or whom you're talking - but!

You're right, Sin City does come out tomorrow!

Wahoo! =)

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home