Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Crappy Weather

It's rainy here today. One of those days you want to just stay home and sleep the day away. I really didn't want to wake up this morning. I was hoping that I just got up too early and that I would be able to sleep longer. Not so lucky. I know we need the rain but it's still not fun when its all dreary outside. It reminds me of one of those fall days when you want to just curl up on the couch with a bowl of soup or a mug of hot chocolate and watch a movie. I think thats what I'll do when I get home. Sounds like a good idea to me.

This week already seems to be going at a snails pace. I feel like it should be Thursday. Guess it's just going to be one of those weeks. At least I get paid this week so I can go get my books. I really don't want to get new ones if I can help it because they're mad expensive. Actually so are the used ones but at least they are slightly discounted. I'm extrememly nervous about my English class: Research Writing. I know I'm going to need it but that doesn't mean that I'm going to like the class. I haven't really written a paper in years and I think I might've forgotten how to do it. Ah well, it'll all come back to me I suppose. I just want to get it done and over with. I don't know anyone that has taken the class so I don't know what to expect. At least with my math class I know what I'm getting into (a little anyway). I'll find out soon enough. Maybe by looking at the books I'll get a better idea as to whats gonna happen. Hopefully I'll be able to get them either Friday or Saturday.

"Digging for the Truth" is my new favorite show (educational). I heard about it but I've never actually sat down to watch it. I did this weekend while I was feeling under the weather and really liked it. This Saturday coming up they're going to have a few more episodes so I should be able to catch those unless I have something to do during the day, which I don't as of right now. The one I caught this past weekend was about an iceman they found in the Alps they called Otzi. The host went to where they found him to find out how he lived and how he could have died. He concluded that Otzi died because of wounds inflicted on him by others; he was stabbed a couple of times and shot with an arrow in the back, blood loss being the cause of death. Anyway it was really interesting and the host seems to pull out all the stops as far as retracing foot steps to get to the bottom of things.

Tomorrow is Wednesday and I'm supposed to go out with Frankie. We haven't hung out in months. I kind of miss him coming over but then again I don't. I don't really want to because I know he is going to want to go to a bar or something. I don't like going out with him because he doesn't know how to control himself. And when he gets drunk there is no reasoning with him. He gets violent at times and that's just something I can't handle. Oh well maybe he'll just come by and watch a movie or something. I still have his "Serial Mom" DVD. I don't think he'll ever get it back. I've had it for 2 years and since he's going to Iraq, I don't think he'll be needing it. He'll probably forget anyway. He has a bad memory unless it pertains to something that he finds funny or embarassing about another person. He's the type that like to pick on people. After being friends with him for 7 years, I've grown immune to it. It doesn't bother me anymore.

Maybe tomorrow won't be as dreary as today. I haven't checked out the weather so we'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home