Thursday, July 28, 2005

Good News, Bad News

Bad news first I guess.....My dad has to have heart surgery. He has come clogged arteries but I'm not worried too much. I knew he's had them for a while, a little over a year, and I knew there was a chance that he would have to have surgery to unclog them. His surgery is on the 8th so I think I'll spend th day up there with him so he isn't by himself. I don't know if anyone else is going to be up there so I'm going to make sure that I'm there so he doesn't get lonely. There is a possibility that one of my brothers are going to be there but thats alright...That just means that I'll get to see them more than once this year. (They are my half brothers and are a lot older than me) I know that my sister (half) probably isn't going to be there...She really doesn't get along with my dad. And my other sisters might be there, at least Amanda will be. I don't know about Ali; she said something about having a dr.'s appointment on the 9th and since she lives in VA I don't know if she'll be able to make it. She doesn't really get on with my dad either but that doesn't mean that she wouldn't be there for something like this. I'm not going to worry to much about it because that'll just make things worse; besides he's having the surgery at Johns Hopkins so thats a bit of a comfort.

Good news (I suppose its good news, I'm sort of looking forward to it): My aunt is coming for a visit after Christmas from Hawaii. I have only met her once and that was like 12 years ago. She is bringing 2 of her grandchildren with her; they are both 15 so I think they'll enjoy the trip. I don't think they have been out of Hawaii so it'll be something new for them to experience. Maybe it'll snow and they'll get to experience that for the first time. They'll be staying with my aunt in New Jersey for a while and then they are going to head down here so that they can visit with us and since we are fairly close to D.C. they can go there and see some stuff. They are going to need a place to stay though. They could stay in a hotel but I know I would feel bad if they had to do that, especially when they have family here that has more than enough room for them in their homes. I remember when she was here last she couldn't stop laughing at how funny we talked. I don't think we really talk funny here but she said we do. I mean she has lived in Hawai for over 35 years so she's lost her Baltimore accent. Anyway it should be fun to have her around.....she was a lot of fun last time she was here so we shall see.

Well time to get back to work.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

My best wishes for your dad's surgery.

I hope everything goes well for him.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

Thanks...I think he'll do fine.

4:54 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Good luck on everything with your Dad.

Also, I just wanted to really commend you for actually planning on going up there to be with him. I know a lot of people don't think that things like that are a "big deal", but I do, and I don't think that anyone, at any time, should have to be alone in a hospital...ever. I've experienced it, and I know it's one of the worst feelings in the world. So, kudos to you. :)

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home