Thursday, July 21, 2005

Divine Inspiration

That is what I'm hoping for right now. My boss isn't here, he has a meeting at another campus so I don't really have anything to do. I put all the New England Journals of Medicine in chronological order already this morning. I thought it would have taken me a lot longer than it did. It only took about 10 minutes. Yesterday I was so angry with myself. I had to put some grant information into Excel which I did, I then sent it to my boss. I had a funny feeling that I attached the wrong file so I looked at it. It was blank. No Problem, I'll just attach the new one, right? WRONG! I forgot to save all the information. I could have sworn I saved it, so I had to re-enter all the information. I was not happy. That meant I had to stay and extra half hour after work. Not too bad I guess.

In other "news", Maggie is and inch away from kicking John out. I can't say I blame her. He lost his job, which was his fault, but they, being her and Longo, still let him move in with them. He has since gotten a temp job, which is good as long as he keeps up with is bills. They offered to pay the bills for a month or so until he got a job. Seeing as though he has a job, albeit a temporary one, he can still pay a third of said bills. He decided to go out drinking the other night, which is expected of most 22 year olds. However, he chose to drive home, completely trashed, he ran out of gas, and to top it all off a cop pulled up behind him and asked him what the problem was. Well, he reaked of alcohol so naturally the officer gave him a breathalizer test and all that hub-bub. He failed with flying colors! He then proceeded to call his father, who used to be a lieutenant in the sheriffs dept. The cop let him off as long as someone came and got him. His dad came and got him and his car was towed. I'm sorry but that really angered me. One thing I don't like is drunk driving. It's all well and good when you want to hurt yourself but you are putting multiple people at risk when you get behind the wheel intoxicated. My mom did that and nearly took out a house a couple years ago. It's just irresponsible. Now John's father, who is moving back here from Maine wants Maggie and Longo to kick him out so that he has no choice but to move back in with his father. The problem is is that John is on the lease which would mean that the lease would have to be broken which costs money. They could always have Dave move in but he's weird and I don't think Maggie is at all comfortable with him. Longo can't stand him but is nice to him because that is the type of person he his. So we shall see where this situation ends up.

On a brighter note, I saw the girls yesterday. They are too cute for their own good. Poor Morgan with her arm still in a cast trying to throw a paper airplane. Too funny. But she did it. And Zoe just being the little cuddlebug that she is. I hope that when and if I have kids, they are as cute as those two are. I'll get to see them again on Saturday at Jeffery's party. I still don't know what I'm going to get that child. I'm so used to buying stuff for little girls. Oh well, whatever I get him I know he will appreciate. Thats the type of kid he is. I remember when he was born, makes me feel so old! Ah, well thats what happens, people grow up. (Profound statement wasn't it?)

Thats all I got for now. Maybe tomorrow I will have something interesting to talk about. I hope so anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home