Monday, July 18, 2005

Finished

I finished "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince". It was a great book and I can't wait to read it again. I'm not going to say anything more on the matter because I don't want to spoil it for people (Not that anyone else really reads this). Thats pretty much all I did this weekend. I didn't go to the movies but I did go to Maggie and Longo's house. I was there for like 10 minutes before I had a panic attack. I don't know why I get panic/anxiety attacks. I wish I did so I could avoid them. It's something relatively new to me. I've only had a handful in the past year so there really isn't any point medicating myself for them although when they do happen I wish I did have some medicine. All I want to know is what triggers them. I never know when they are coming or why so I don't know what to do to prevent them. Needless to say, Longo was nice enough to take me home. I feel more comfortable being home when they happen. I guess it all has to do with the comfort level. Jason came up yesterday to look at Mr. Mikes motorcycle. I think he's gonna buy it. Good for him. He needs to pass the test first. He failed getting his permit once already. I don't know if I'm going to be at work tomorrow because Mom and Mr. Mike are settling on the house. In a way I hope I am and in a way I hope I don't have to come in. I just wish they would hire me full time with benefits and all that. I am one of the millions of Americans who do not have any type of health insurance. It's a shame that citizens of the "wealthiest" country in the world can't afford basic health care. I don't want a hand out although I think that ALL people should be entitled to receive health care no matter how much they make. People are dying everyday because of lack of decent health insurance or because they are so far in debt because of medical bills. Its a shame. I wish there was something I could do about it but I've written just about every person in the government when it comes to health care reform. I get nowhere fast. Anyway that was my rant for the day. It just upsets me that there are so many people out there not just here but throughout the world that are dying and suffering from diseases that are curable and/or treatable. I thought we would be somewhere with this by now but I guess I was wrong. If I ever make a lot of money (which is unlikely but still) I would try and do something about it. Whether it take a couple of people off the street and get them insurance or what ever. I know I am being idealistic. I've been told that for years especially when it comes to my political beliefs. Thats enough for now. I think I am just making myself more angry the more I write.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

Good post, I enjoyed reading it.

Very thoughtful.

Congrats on finishing the novel, too. I'm only about 1/2 way finished myself lol.

I have to ask though - would a paragraph indent or two be too much to ask for? =)

2:13 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

No....it's not :) I'm just one of those stream of consciousness people. I'll try to work on it.

4:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home