Tuesday, July 26, 2005

It's Hot Again

Another 100+ degree day! I didn't think it felt too bad yesterday but thats me. Maybe I can handle heat better than some people. Jeffery's birthday party went well...He's such a great kid. No matter what he gets (presents) he is always appreciative, even if its clothes. I don't know any 5 year old that gets excited over clothes. I can't believe he is starting school this year. Him and Morgan both grew up too fast for me and I'm not even a parent. I can remember when he was born like it was yesterday. I walked into my job at the time (late, but thats of no consequence) and Elma (a co-worker)comes up to me and smacks me really hard and says:

Elma: "Why didn't you tell me Shelley was pregnant?!"

Me: "Shelley was pregnant? I thought she might be but I didn't want to ask her. Besides she denied it to Jenn and her mom when they asked. Why? What happened?"


(I didn't think she was that far along. I thought that maybe she was 5 months if that)


Elma: "I just got a call from Jenn saying that Shelley had a baby boy this morning at Fallston. Why didn't she tell anyone?"

Me: "You've got to be kidding! I'll call Jenn."

I called Jenn, her sister and my best friend, and left a message. An hour later she called me crying and told me everything that happened. I went that day to see them both. I'll never ever forget that I was there when she named him. I remember trying to talk her out of naming him Jeffery. (I just don't like the name and I couldn't imagine calling a baby Jeffery). She said well maybe I'll name him Zachary; I like that and I could totally see calling a baby Zack. But she decided to stick with Jeffery Tyler Hook, until she knew for sure who the father was. Stever, her high school sweetheart and at that time current boyfriend, was there for her when she had him. He thought there was a chance that Jeffery was his. Not a chance! He is his father through and through. If I didn't know any better I would question as to whether Jeffery was even Shelley's kid. Anyway his father was her ex-boyfriend and current husband. They seem to be happy. I hope they are anyway. There was a time when I thought for sure that it was the end for them. They are so different but it seems to work for them.

I can only hope that someday I have kids as great as Morgan, Zoe, and Jeffery. They are smart and creative and a list of whole list of other things. I can't wait to see what they are like when they get older but I don't want them to grow up either. I already miss them being small now that they are school age. Where did the time go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home