Thursday, February 01, 2007

Developments!

Two new developments for the week. The first is that the new Harry Potter book will be coming out on July 21! I'm a dork and I'm ok with that but I'm really excited and sad at the same time. I want the next book to come out but I know it's the last one which makes it sad because now what am I going to read? Just kidding I have other books I read it's just going to be sad. When I was little I read the Anne of Green Gables series and when I got to the last one I was sad. I still have the whole set though. If I ever have kids and one of them or more than one, you know what I mean, is a girl, I hope to pass them along to her. It's just sad when a series ends no matter what it is. At least I have the Earth's Children series. That's a great one too. I've only read three of the 5 that have been released. Hopefully she'll release the next one soon. It's been a while since the release of the last one. Then I don't know what to do. I know that I want to read "Forever Odd" by Dean Koontz. If anyone likes reading, they should definitely read "Odd Thomas". I absolutely adore that book. The main character is just so likable. You really get a feel of what he's about from the start which I like.

The second development is that Frankie is on his way home from Iraq. His mom called my house while I was at work yesterday to let me know what's going on. He should be coming home sometime around Valentine's Day and then he has to go to Fort Dix for a bit. I don't know why but he does. I haven't talked to him since about the week before Christmas. I feel bad because I didn't write to him or anything. It's not like he would have gotten the letters anyway since he didn't know if he gave me the right address. When he was stationed in Korea, I wrote him all the time. It was weird I don't know why but looking back on it it just was. Over the years we've kind of grown up and away from each other. There was a time when we were inseperable. Now you're lucky to get us together because of conflicting schedules, etc. I don't know. It should be interesting. I know he's probably going to have something snide to say about Keith but what can I do? It's hard to explain the dynamic we had. If you'd have seen us a couple years ago you would swear we were together. That's all changed though. When people ask about him I say we have a love/hate relationship. I love him to death but at the same time I can't stand him. I don't know how else to say it. Regardless of how things are with us, I don't want to see him get hurt. I want him to be ok and get on with life you know? I want to see him happy. That's all. As long as he's good then everything's kosher. I'm just happy that he's coming home and he's out of Iraq. I don't think any soldier should have been there but that's another story. He's coming home so we're going to all have to go out and have some fun. With Frankie though you never know what you're going to get. Sometimes he can be a lot of fun and sometimes he can be a real jerk especially when he's been drinking which I'm sure he'll end up doing anyway. Oh well....that's a while off. I don't know when he's coming back from Fort Dix and I believe he said he was thinking of moving to Arizona. Who knows though. Arizona apparently is the place to be. I might be going there over the summer myself. Keith's brother lives out there and he asked me to go with him so I'm going to take a couple days off and we're going to go out there. I don't know if we're going to drive or fly. I kinda like the idea of driving because it would be a road trip and I'd get to see a good portion of the country. That's something not everyone gets to do. We'll see though. Nothing's set in stone as of yet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

I am glad that frankie is coming home again. Hopefully you guys all have fun and he likes kieth. Have a good week!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home