Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Recap

Well my stepdad has his surgery today...everything went very well. I was glad it went off without a hitch. If only everything went that way right? Not much else going on...lots of stuff with school since it's almost over. I hate to say it but Thank GOD! This semester has been really hard on me with everything that's been going on and all.

The weekend was pretty uneventful which is good I guess. I tried to stay out of the house as much as possible so that I wasn't around my mom much. I know that sounds mean but it's not. I need time to process things and think about some stuff before I can be one on one with her. My cousin came up to hunt and Keith was going to come over but he had to go to PA for something so I just made plans to see him on Saturday. We wound up going to Walmart (I know it's sad) but we had a great time. I refuse to shop at Walmart for various reasons but I don't mind going in there to goof off. Then I took him home and I chilled with him at his house for the rest of the night. Sunday I went to the library to get a book I needed for my paper which is due in about 6 hours...I only need another page and a half and I'm done. Yesterday I told my mom I was going to the library but I hung out with Keith instead. I know that was wrong but like I said I need time away and all that. We just chit chatted like we usually do. I always have fun when I'm around him. I wish he wasn't so down on himself though. I mean I don't have the best self esteem either but still he's awesome and someone needs to let him know right?

And today was the surgery and like I said it went very well. They're keeping him overnight for observation but he should come home tomorrow which is great. He needs to take it easy of course but that's to be expected. Now convincing him that he needs to take it easy is a different story. The rest of the week I plan on just pounding out the work that's due this weekend so that I can do what I need to over the weekend which means not being at home.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

I am glad that your step-dad's surgery went well. I am sorry to hear that things aren't really going that great with your mom. I hope that everything starts to get better for you and your family.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home