Monday, October 30, 2006

All's Well

Dad had a great time at his party. It was actually a good time for all. Most was family of course but there were some clients of his that he's close to that showed up. I thought was really nice of them. His partner, Mike, was so not what I expected. I thought he was an older guy who was probably a cop or something years ago just like my dad. He's only 35 and very rambunctious which is different because my dad is so laid back. I can tell that they're going to be in business for a long time. He seems like a really nice guy. I didn't get to talk to him much since he was trying to hit on some ladies at the bar but he seems like he's a generally good guy. My dad was hilarious. I don't think I've ever seen him in such high spirits. My brothers were there and my sisters too except Cheryl. She said that they couldn't come because Johnathan had a football game. That seemed odd to me since it rained like it was nobody's business here on Friday. The wind was kicking too so who knows. My brothers were both trashed. I kinda figured Jimmy would be since I think he might have a drinking problem. It might be wrong of me to say this but he weirds me out. I don't know why...he just does. My other brother Doug was feeling mighty fine too but he's a happy person and I guess since he was around us when we were kids, he doesn't make me feel weird. Jimmy wasn't really around much. I vaguely remember him growing up. I mean I saw him at Christmas and stuff like that but it was just odd. Anyway it was fun and my dad had a good time too which is what counts. I have to write Mike to thank him and all that. He didn't have to do that and the fact that he did shows how good a person he is. Ms. Toni was there too which was awesome. I haven't seen her in 5 years. She's a lot different now than she was back then. When we were younger we thought she was my dad's girlfriend but when we met her we realized that was the furthest thing from his mind. He's more like a dad to her than anything else. She's a lot younger too. I think she's 35 or so. I don't know and it's impolite to ask a lady her age.

Since it was Dad's birthday and all, Ali and Paul came up. We hung out on Saturday just driving around. There wasn't really anything to do so we just drove around looking for a pumpkin. The one we got is a sad little thing. I guess with the weather we had this summer it really messed with the local pumpkin crop and it was the weekend before Halloween. Most of the good ones were taken already. Yesterday Keith and I went to the movies. We saw "Saw III". It was a great movie even if it was super gory. I thought I was going to freak out or something because I don't handle horror movies well the first time I see them. I only cringed the first 10 minutes. I was proud of myself. Anyway it was good. I don't think I'll watch it again because I generally don't watch them more than once. It has to be a funny movie or just one of those really good dramas for me to watch them again. Yes there will be another. The next one will probably be out on Halloween weekend of next year.

Well that's all for now...Halloween is tomorrow. I love Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home