Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I Swear I'm Not Blonde

I hope no one takes offense to that. It's a generalization not meant to hurt anyone's feelings. Something funny I did today...I wasn't exactly 100% awake this morning and was rushing around to get to work on time which I was still 15 minutes late. I just bought a new pair of tennis shoes and still have my old ones for when I'm out in the yard and all that...well I got one of them mixed up and realized that I'm wearing one of each pair. I just noticed when I was putting a sign up on the conference room door. I just couldn't help but laugh. Good thing about it is that you really can't tell unless you take a real close look. That's typical me though. When I was in high school I had a similar experience except with socks. I was getting dressed in the dark because I was tired..yeah I know that was stupid but I used to do it a lot. I knew where all my clothes were and most were interchangeable. Well anyway I opened the sock drawer and put on a pair of what I thought were white socks. They weren't. They were neon green. I had them for years and kept them as a spare set of socks to wear around the house. People actually noticed. Maybe it was because it was high school or something but it was still embarrassing.

I went to the library last night to attend a presentation on the CSI Effect. There were a ton of Girl Scouts there...they thought that it was only open to Girl Scouts and then we found out that you had to register. My teacher had talked to the library a while back and they said that we didn't need to register or anything like that so it was a shock when they wouldn't let us in. Finally they did though once they saw that there were seats available. It was boring. I thought it would have been a little more interesting but I guess it really depends on the person presenting the information. Hey I got an extra 10 points out of it for attending so what the heck right? When I got home I had to start my paper for my semester project that's due today. I finished it though so I'm done with that for now. One less thing I have to worry about. It was only a 2 page paper about a picture I took...I used one that I took back at the Darfur rally because I had a hard time finding stuff to take a picture of around here or I forgot my camera. Anyway it's done and over with and I'm so happy about that. Tomorrow I have my math test. I can take a page of notes in with me though which is a definite plus because for the life of me I can't remember formulas most of the time. I have to write that out tonight.

Friday is my dad's 70th birthday! I can't believe he's that age. Yes he's older than my mom...he's 18 years her senior. That's one of the reasons I'm sure their marriage didn't work. Anyway a friend of his is throwing him a party so that's where I'll be on Friday night. I'm kinda looking forward to it even if it's going to be awkward because of the family and all. I know some people aren't going to be there like my Aunt Betty and Uncle John because they've been at loggerheads with my dad for a while now. It should be fun though.

Sorry for the long post...I didn't think I had that much to say but I guess I did even if it was for the most part pointless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

I'm glad that no one noticed your shoes. I accidently put my shirt on inside once if that makes you feel better.....lol....happy birthday to your dad!!!!! good luck with your math test. :)

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home