Monday, September 18, 2006

The Pope

Well the legacy of John Paul II is evidently over. The new Pope, Benedict XVI, has enraged people around the world. Where is the peace and good will that was preached for so long? Where is the religious tolerance we saw during John Paul II papacy? I guess when he died, his work and ideas went along with him. I'm very upset with the current Pope. I think that a Pope should be someone who preaches unity, tolerance, love, and respect. Instead we get a pope that enrages an entire religion. Given what's been happening over the past, oh I don't know, thousand years, that we collectively would have learned at the very least to accept others. Yes I know he was quoting someone but he should probably have thought it through before he used that quote. At least he issued an apology and seems to be somewhat sorry for what he said.

Now here's an interesting point I heard on the radio. Why is it not ok for Christians and Jews to attack Islam and other world religions, but it's ok for them to attack Christians and Jews? You don't hear Christians and Jews yelling for a holy war because of something someone said. I wonder why that is? I really wish I knew. I think if we did a lot of the world's problems would be solved. Actually after I just read what I wrote I realized something. Most of the people calling for holy war and all that are the Fundamentalists. Fundamentalists are probably the worst people on the planet whether they be Jew, Christian, or Muslim. They try to force their religion on people and speak against tolerance and unity. I shouldn't have grouped them as Muslims, Christians, or Jews. I should have just said fundamentalist _________. Sorry about that...a grave error on my part.

**Things are going alright at home for the time being. School is keeping me very busy. I got to see Frankie Saturday even if we didn't get to do anything. He passed out in the recliner at 9 or so. I guess it's the time difference messing with him. Anyway I'm going to try and get a hold of him some time this week so we can actually get together and catch up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home