Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Touching Base

Things are pretty much the same as usual here. I've been busy with school...lots of work to try and keep up with and I'm not failing any of my classes which is a definite plus. I took my first couple exams...I got one of each: and A on the history one, a B on the forensic science one and a C on the sociology one. Sociology is my least favorite class...I don't like the format and I don't like the teacher. In other news Maggie and Longo got married last week and moved to Kentucky today. My best friend from high school, Crissy, got in contact with me. We're going to hang out Friday. I'm so stoked about that. I miss them a lot. Ummm...the Ravens lost their first game :( It was so sad I could have cried. We were so close yet so far away. Mom is back on the wagon. Hasn't had a drink in over a week...super proud of her for that. Her birthday is tomorrow and so begins the marathon birthday season. Next week is Ali, the week after is dad and there is one every week after that for a bit. Then there's a break and it starts back up again heading into Christmas.

And now some songs I've been listening to:

1.) "SexyBack"Justin Timberlake: Don't laugh at me! It's a guilty pleasure for me. I know I shouldn't listen to it but I can't help it...it's catchy

2.) "When You Were Young" The Killers: I haven't heard the whole album yet but I'm going to get it next week. I'm so excited and this song is fantastic.

3.) "Diary" Alicia Keys: One of my favs...I love it!

4.) "Welcome to the Fold" Filter: Ah, Filter...what happened to you? You were awesome and then you went away.

5.) "Give Me Shelter" The Rolling Stones: One of the best songs ever.

6.) "Cornflake Girl" Tori Amos: Apparently Tori is an acquired taste...I love her music but most people I know hate it. I don't know why...it's awesome.

7.) "Crush" DMB: I swear one day I will see DMB in concert and my dream of marrying him will come true (just kidding but I did have a dream I married hime once...it was weird)

8.) "Baggage" Mary J. Blige: Great song! Enough said.

9.) "Ridin" Chamillionaire: Another great song that is somewhat of a guilty pleasure...and Weird Al did a spoof of it so it's definitely good.

10.) "Call Me When You're Sober" Evanescence: Not a big fan but I really like this song.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

I am glad that your mom is back on the wagon again. Good job for her!!!!!!!! I have never taken sociology but it doesnt really sound like something I would do good on. Good job on your marks!! Those are all pretty good songs.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home