Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day!

Today is Election Day! I fully intend upon voting. It's something that I think is very special and should be treated that way. For one I'm female and women in this country fought long and hard to garner this right and to not take full advantage of it is like spitting on the trials and tribulations they faced in the fight. Voting is something everyone should do. Yes I know that people think that it doesn't matter but it does. Not everyone in the world has this opportunity and at least you can say hey I did my part. The rest is up to the people even if there have been time when elections have been rigged*cough, cough*2000*cough*cough But in any case it's a right not afforded to all people around the world. Here we can say that we did our part. We made our voice heard. (Ewww I think I just made myself sick with all that "patriotism") Anyway I just feel that everyone should do it. We have an opportunity to change the government and hold those in charge accountable for the current situations facing our country. This is an extremely important election in most states, mine included. There is a lot of potential for change. I just hope that others plan on taking advantage of it like me :) If you can get out, vote!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

i'm glad that you do your part when it comes to voting. I think that every country should give their citizens the right to vote.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home