Friday, December 01, 2006

Even More Drama

So...it's been a rather rough week here for me. My mom once again decided to get trashed only this time she did it at the outpatient rehab center she's been going to. Well once they found that she was drunk and gave her a breathalizer which she failed miserably, they told her by law that she couldn't drive home. They called my stepdad, who had an appointment to get his stuff together on Tuesday for when he has the defibrillator put in, and asked him to come pick her up. Since he was supposed to go to the dr's he called and asked if I could leave work early and take her home so I left early on Wednesday...now as we're driving up Charles Street to the center, he gets a call from her case worker saying that they're going to have to take her to Union Memorial because while she was waiting for us to get there, she decided to down the rest of the librium, which is like xanax, because she "was mad that they were going to make her seek in patient care". Well that was stupid because now she HAS to seek in patient care because it was considered a suicide attempt. I could not even begin to relay how mad as I was at her for doing this...I mean it's something she's threatened and attempted to do before so it really wasn't that much of a shock. What worries me is my stepdad because he's all over the place making sure she's ok when he's not ok himself. I'm more concerned about him than I am with her. I know alcoholism is an illness and I'm really trying to understand it but I can't help but think about how selfish she is being about this whole thing. I mean enough's enough! People can only take so much before they give up on a person and I hate to say it but I'm about at that point with her. I'm done and so is just about everyone else in the family. They're tired of her making excuses for herself and blaming everything that goes wrong in her life on everyone but herself. It's tired and she needs to grow up. Wow! I feel better already!

So that's pretty much in a nutshell what's been happening here this week. On Wednesday when it happened I told Keith I'd pick him up from work since I was in the area. We went along with his daughter and his mom and sister to my best friend, Maggie, sisters house...the one who was trying to get pregnant on purpose. Thank God that didn't happen...yet. I had my reservations but I really didn't want to be by myself so I went along and wound up having the best time. I know I should have been worried about my mom and all but it was nice to get away from that for a little while. I stayed home yesterday too because my stepdad asked me to. He didn't want to sit at the hospital with her by himself so I told him I would. They're letting her out of the psych ward today...I hate to say it but I think they need to keep her longer. This isn't going to go away on it's own as much as I would like to think it will. She's now in some serious danger of losing her job...apparently she hasn't been doing all that needed to be done so that they could keep her job safe...her boss has had it and I can't blame her. She feels the same way I do. I think she needs to go away for at least 30 days if not more. It's just how it's gonna have to be. My stepdad can't be put under all this stress considering his health and if she's going to disregard what she's doing to him then it's just something that is going to have to happen. I can't believe they're letting her out after 2 days. I think it has something to do with the insurance company...I freakin hate this! And on top of that my stepdad fell this morning and he thinks he knocked his shoulder out of place. It's really been a banner week to say the least!

In other news the Ravens lost last night 13-7 to the Bengals. I was watching the game and was dumbfounded. We were playing terrible until the last quarter. At least 9-3 isn't a bad record with at least 4 games left in the regular season. We still have a chance at the playoffs..I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It would be awesome if we made it that far again. I'm sincerely hoping for it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

Wow I am sorry to hear about evverything going on with your mom and stepdad. I hope that everything works out in the best intrests for everyone. I also hope that your stepdads shoulder gets better.
Hopefully this week is better for you!!! :)

8:40 AM  
Blogger athen said...

Terribly sorry to hear whats been going on lately in your life. Hang in there, and hopefully eveything will go back to normal.

Hang in there!!

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home