Wednesday, July 12, 2006

India Bombings

As most people know, there were a series of bombs detonated yesterday in India. 200 people were killed and I'm sure once everything is said and done, the death toll will be higher. It seems that at the moment, no one is taking responsibility for the attack but I'm sure someone out there is going to lay claim to it as sick as that sounds. I will never understand terrorism. It's pointless...all you do by killing other INNOCENT people is get attention and it's not the attention people want. You become known as murderers and people don't want to have anything to do with you. I mean sure there are some that will but those people are probably a little nuts...or maybe a lot nuts. I watched Syriana a while ago and it showed how some people become suicide bombers...it's like they let other think for them. It's really sad. I wish there was a way to reach out to those who feel that this is the only way to get a point across. I know freedom of speech isn't a right to all people but it should be. I know that you have to take the good with the bad when it comes to free speech but at least I can say something back to those spewing something hateful or just something I disagree with. Terrorism is an idea and an act (something you really can't declare war on but some people seem to think you can) and we should work at finding reasonable non violent solutions to the problem.

Anyway back to India. They're really going to need some help. I hope that people will keep those who lost their lives and were injured in thier thoughts. I think we all need to remember that we aren't the only ones that deal with the threat of terrorism; that there are other people in the world that have been touched by it. It's unfortunate and I hate to say it but it almost seems like we've forgotten what it's like to be attacked. It took everyone here a long time to "get back to normal" but I never thought it would get like this. So remember how you felt that day we were attacked and when help is needed, whether it's monetary or what have you, do it. They're really going to need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home