Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Going OK

Things seem to be going alright. They are still having trouble getting dad off the ventilator but they said that he did improve over the night. They actually took it out yesterday but his blood still wasn't getting enough oxygen. I went up to the hospital to visit him yesterday but once again I was 5 minutes late, thanks to shoddy directions from security at the entrance. They sent me to the wrong floor. So when I got up there the nurse said that she just gave him something to knock him out. I was no good after that. I just wanted to see him awake you know? It was really really hard to see him hooked up to all those machines. Now I know why he didn't want me up there on Monday. He would be so upset if he was awake and saw me upset.

Well anyway, Jimmy called and told me to tell my sister to not call the hospital. The nurse asked him to do that because they are just too busy. I hadn't called since yesterday and to my knowledge no one else has either other than Amanda so I just called and told her not to call. I talked to Alison and gave her the # to the hospital but had to call her back and tell her not to call because they can't tell who is calling. To make a long story short, no one is to call there except Jimmy and if anyone has any questions, they are to call him. Thats fine because I would rather talk to him than a nurse anyway. I don't understand half of what they're saying when I talk to them.

I stopped by Heidi's yesterday on the way home from the hospital to see how Morgan's first day of school went. She said she didn't like it because she had to sit on the carpet all day. Then she turns around and says I think I got a rash from there. I can see this year is going to be tough. She thought that when she was in daycare that she was going to school and sometimes Heidi would let her stay home. Well she can't do that now, so we'll see how she takes it. I think once she gets used to it, she'll like it. She loves making friends and all that stuff so she should be ok. Heidi's been working at the Marriott for a conference this week. She'll have a decent paycheck when all is said and done. Considering she doesn't have a steady job, this'll help out a lot.

I'm starting to look forward to Saturday. All the people that are going to be there are good people. I still haven't talked to Kenny or Jenn to find out if they want to go. I kinda lost Kenny's business card so I have to call his house. He still lives at home, like most of us do, and I'm scared of his parents. I'm always scared of people's parents. Frankie's mom used to hate me. She thought I was a drug dealer. Don't ask me why, I have no idea how she came to that conclusion but once Frankie went away in the Army she realized that I wasn't a drug dealer and she started to like me. I've never had problems with any one else's parents but that first and hopefully last instance was all it took to scare me. Well, I'll have to call him at some point, I don't want to be rude and all. Jenn will probably come along because she had a lot of fun last time. So did Shelley. Shelley was invited too I just have to remember to remind Jenn.

Well thats all for now. Hopefully, by the end of the week, dad'll be resting comfortably and maybe by the middle of next week he'll be home. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

That's odd that lady thought you were a drug dealer - that's exactly what I thought when I first came to your blog, too.

"Hey, a drug dealer's blog!"

=)

I hope your Dad gets outta the hospital really soon. I'm sure it's been a trial on the whole family, it sure sounds like it, too.

Hang in there =)

3:00 PM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

Thanks...he's slowly getting better. I just hope he stays that way...better I mean. :)

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home