Sunday, September 04, 2005

Trouble

Yesterday I went to Heidi's Labor Day/ Mike's Birthday Party Cook out thing. It was ok I guess. Jenn, Mike, Shelley, Ryan. Jeffery, and Frankie came which was good because I always feel out of place when I go there. These people don't really know me nor I them. Heidi was trashed by the time I left. I think she was drinking before I got there or shortly after. Jenn and Mike were late but I kind of expected it. Frankie was late too and I expected that as well. He got lost, he wound up somewhere in Towson. I don't know how he got there but I didn't ask too many questions. Ryan, Shelley, and Jeffery didn't stay long. Ryan hurt his sciatic nerve so he was in a lot of pain. Mike didn't stay either but I expected that. He has a lot of issues and doesn't like to be around people. Frankie left early which I wasn't expecting. I guess it's because he didn't know anyone there really. Jenn left not long after he did and I left an hour after that. I wasn't drinking and it's not always that much fun to be surounded my drunk people when you're sober. I got home at around midnight.

Today, Alison and Paul came up to spend the night so we can go to the Renaissance Fair tomorrow. They brought crabs so we steamed them and were chillin and all that stuff. Then for some reason, Claude flipped out on Alison, calling her ignorant or something like that. I wasn't in the room and when she told me what happened I was just like OK. She made an innocent joke that no one wouldhave found offensive. She said something about slots in West Virginia and Amanda thought she said sluts. Alison said no, slots although I'm sure there are sluits down there. Innocent enough, right? Apparently not because at that point Claude started yelling at her and all. He has family that lives down there and he didn't appreciate her calling them sluts. Um, from what I heard, she didn't call his family sluts. I think he was looking for a reason to fight. He and Alison don't get along. Anyway this huge fight broke out while I was washing up the dishes between Amanda and Claude and then Mr. Mike and Mom got dragged into it. Just a huge mess all around. I hate drama. I try and appease people and keep my opinion and comments to myself as much as possible to avoid anything like this. I just don't like it. I don't know whats going to happen. It just seems so stupid to me.

Dad is a lot better. They moved him out of the Cardiac ICU to his own room. He's a lot happier there. He can move around and all. Yesterday when I went to see him, he was still out of it. He kept asking weird questions like "Why are you wearing a Girl Scout Uniform?" to Amanda and to me, "Can I have your cell phone?". I don't have a cell phone. Anyway I think it was the medication. He said that he was seeing things that weren't there and that he had ESPN. I started to chuckle when he said that, I thought maybe he was joing aroundm, but then I realizes that he meant ESP and said ESPN. It was still funny. But I'm just glad he's alright. Maybe by the end of the week, he'll be out.

Still floored by the situation in the south with all the hurricane victims. I just wish there was more that I could do for them. It's going to take a long time to get that mess cleaned up and most of these people don't have anywhere to go. They started recovering the bodies. I don't know if I could do that. I don't think I have the guts to do it. I saw some police officers on the news talking about the recovery efforts and they were near tears. It has to be not only physically exhausting but mentally too. I'll just keep them in my prayers.

I finally finished "Constantine". I liked it. I thought it was pretty good. I don't know a thing about the comics but the movie was good. I still have to finish "The Motorcycle Diaries" but I did get around to watching "Love Actually". I thought it was a cute movie and I might watch it again.

Well thats all for now. Tomorrow is the Renaissance Fair. It should be interesting to say the least.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

Yikes.

Sorry to hear about all the arguing.

If it helps any, I might be able to settle this argument for you.

I went to college in West Virginia (Marshall) and I can tell you there there are lots of sluts running around West Virginia lol.

Not that I knew of any them, of course =)

I didn't know any - neither in the Biblical nor in the social sense of the word.

Of course, if it's any more than in any other state, I dunno.

I can't say absolutely for certain there is a higher slut ratio in West Virginia then in any other state in the union, but a statement like, "there's lots of sluts in West Virginia" is completely true.

I'm glad I could help out with that =)

I hope you're having fun at the Fair today, too. That sounds like a really neat deal. I kind of wish I could go lol.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

LOL....I don't know where you live but a lot of states have Renaissance fairs. The one in Pennsylvania is huge, at least thats what my sister told me anyway. Its a lot of fun.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home