Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Ren Fest

Well after all the drama of Sunday night, yesterday was fun. I found out more of what happened on Sunday. Apparently my mom saw my sister's husband hit her which is why they were shouting at each other. I have made up my mind that I don't like Claude one bit. You don't hit, plain and simple. I don't care if anyone hits you, you don't hit back. I have to say though that if I saw him hit her I wouldn't have hesitated to go after him. He probably would have killed me but still. I just can't deal with stuff like that. My mom was abused by her first husband and she doesn't want to see my sister go down the same path she did. She married young and was more in love with the idea of being married than the person she married. I think the same applies to Amanda.

It took a lot for Alison not to go out there and give him a piece of her mind and Alison doesn't care what people say about her. Ali and Amanda have never gotten along but when it comes to stuff like that, Alison always has her back. I don't know what to do with them. No one can talk to Amanda about it because she it constantly making excuses for him which as we all know is one of the signs of domestic violence. She feels its her fault, etc etc. I've seen her being beaten by her ex boyfriend and let me tell you that wasn't a highlight in my life. I wanted to beat the crap out of him but instead yelled and called the police. Of course by the time I got to calling the police, he had left so I reported him as a drunk driver. He was drunk and he was driving so I wasn't lying. I was worried that he would kill or hurt someone else. Of course nothing came of it. Anyway, off the depressing subject.


The Renaissance Festival was a lot of fun. It was a bit warmer that I thought it was going to be but it was good. Gage and Jason went along. It was their first time going so it was all new to them. We saw the contortionist and we saw a bit of a band play music. Mr. Mike went down the slide which was really funny to watch. He nearly flew off it. It was a good laugh. We walked around looking in the different shops and stuff like that. Some of the stuff there is absoltely gorgeous. Expensive, yes but still beautiful. I'm going to back on October 8 with Jason and then again the weekend of the 18 with Alison. I think i'm going to do a little bit of Christmas shopping while I'm there. There were a lot more people there than I thought there were going to be. I know it was a holiday weekend but I figured people would be elsewhere. All in all it was a good trip. I'm really looking forward to going back.

More good news for dad. They moved him and when I talked to him, he sounded like his usual self. He still can't wait to get home but the doctors said that he is doing extremely well. Thats great news.

I don't think anything else is new. I start school today but I'm having a hard time with the online class already. It's asking me for a password that the school issued me for the class but the school never did. I don't know. I'll have to call them later to see whats going on. I have class at 7 tonight. I'm nervous but I'm always nervous. I just hope the teacher is as good and cool as the teacher I had last semester for math. I hate algebra but I have to know it. Actually I wound up liking it a lot last semester so maybe I'll continue liking it and maybe even get really good at it. I've also been thinking about what I want to do with my history degree and all. I want to get my degree in history with an emphasis on Latin American culture. The culture there is fascinating. It reminds me of early Christianity in a lot of ways because they blend some of the their original beliefs with Christianity. Its neat.

Thats it for the time being.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lance said...

Good news about your dad. I'm glad he's recovering so well.

Algebra, huh?

You must be really smart =)

Math was my worst subject in school lol by far. I wouldn't know 2 and 2 was 5 if I didn't have a calculator to work it out on.

5:52 AM  
Blogger Kyleen said...

Yeah same here. I don't want to take Algebra but I have to. At least I have to take just one more math class and then I'll be done.

4:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home